My Future Marriage

This blog has several audiences and purposes. These include my future wife, intercessors, matchmakers and those not my wife. I am going to make this bold assumption that many will read most of this blog. There are clues and information for each audience in the other sections. So take your time and read it all. Also kindly ask me questions and make comments.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Matchmaker

I have found that there are many who have a hobby of matchmaking. They become mentally and emotionally excited when they meet a single.

Most married people cannot begin to imagine what it is like to be single. Yet HALF the adult population in the Dallas county is single. I have been single for ALL my life. I am NOT seeking a mate. While I cannot change your attitudes I can provide information so we can coordinate.

Here are some facts that might be of interest to you. I have been engaged three times before and never married. I have fallen in love more than seven times. (I will share parts of that background here as needed.)

What I know today is that I am a ROMANTIC. I LOVE to court women. Courting a women costs time and money. The courtship phase is critical to the success of the marriage.

I am not a virgin. I have no children. I do not have Sexually Transmitted Diseases STDs. I am celibate. I was last sexually active during the backslidden years in the early 90s.

If I do not marry that is okay.

I have the gift of celibacy.

I highly value the independence and solitude that single life provides.

I fully intend to be engaged for more than a calendar year. That gives both a long time to get to know each other and to go through the seasons. For me engagement is NOT a rush to make wedding preparations. It is a PROBATIONARY season. This is the time to explore the possibility of a LIFE LONG commitment. It is Okay to END the engagement for any or no reason. Better to break an engagement and get over it than go into a bad marriage.

It is my plan to get married on Valentines Day. I wish to celebrate my wedding anniversary by holding a banquet on that date. It would give me great joy and help the marriage as we sow these seeds annually.

Here is what I am seeking in a wife:

NOT NEGOTIABLE
INTELLIGENT - She is able to understand this huge and complex ministry.
ARTICULATE - She is able to express her thoughts and feelings effectively.
AFFECTIONATE - She enjoys touching, hugging and cuddling (like me).
CHARACTER - Her Christ like character qualities are proven, for they will be tested.
COMMITMENT - She has a commitment to follow Jesus Christ first and foremost.
CALLING - Her calling compliments and supplements mine in deep and wide ways.



REQUIRED
* Superb intercessor
* Understands and is committed to good nutrition
* Dealt with family of origin, personal healing, 12 step recovery type issues



BIG PLUS
Writer
Editor
Public speaker
Teacher
Educator
Expert on women’s issues
Leader of women
Web savvy
Excellent hostess
Executive manager



NICE
Experienced sailor
Love of nature
Photographer
Good cook
Gardener



UNIMPORTANT
Never divorced
Super beautiful
Thin



AGE
* I have fallen in love with women ten years older and younger than me.
* I was born in 1953.



SIMILAR
* Often opposites attract then get married and have a marriage full of conflicts.
* I prefer to marry a person that is much like me.
* We will have more harmony.
* We will work out ways to deal with our common weaknesses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home