My Future Marriage

This blog has several audiences and purposes. These include my future wife, intercessors, matchmakers and those not my wife. I am going to make this bold assumption that many will read most of this blog. There are clues and information for each audience in the other sections. So take your time and read it all. Also kindly ask me questions and make comments.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Not My Future Wife

This section is for women who will think and pray about getting married to me. Here are the facts. I have ZERO interest in dating or getting married ANY time soon.

I am a writer. I process, express and enroll support by writing and sharing that writing. I share my hopes, fears, feelings, problems and testimonies with intercessors. My calling requires that I enroll and work closely with intercessors. It would be IMPOSSIBLE for me to court a woman and marry her without telling others. After the wedding comes the long haul of the marriage. During that time I will be enrolling prayers for all kinds of things. I CANNOT be silent about the prayer needs of my marriage. The requests will not be vague and general.

Our society has moved into a voyeuristic mode. These web cams and reality TV shows are ways that those who are cocooned can peek. If this turns you off already as one who is praying about marring me then that is Okay.

You will NEVER change me in ANY major way. The Holy Spirit has and will continue to change me. But you can FORGET about ANY reprogramming on your agenda.

If ANY of this turns you away that is just FINE with me. It is FAR better for you to know these facts before your imagination goes any further.

If you have not been turned off yet then what follows are some suggestions.
1. Completely surrender your life to the Lordship of Jesus Christ at a much deeper level.
2. Let go of ANY selfish ambitions.
3. You do not want to walk along side me unless God is guiding your every step.
4. Read and reread my web sites and blogs.
5. Pray for me with all your heart.
6. Notice the kinds of troubles I have had.
7. Ask yourself if you really want to share this ministry and my life.
8. Read the Open Letter to Single Christian Women.
It is on this web page http://www.fourbridges.org/Founder_JSO.html In a way this blog in my way of using the suggestions I gave single women to set high standards, write them down and ask for prayer.
9. Use that letter and other guidelines to develop a better support network. You will need a better support network if we marry or not.
10. After much prayer then begin to volunteer to help with the ministry.
11. See what I am like up close over a long period of time.
12. Watch God answer your prayers.
13. I am in no hurry to date or marry, so stick around.
14. Put your whole life on the altar before the Lord Jesus Christ.
15. Commit, submit and surrender your past, present and future.
16. Follow Jesus one day at a time.
17. Remain willing to stay or go as the Lord Jesus Christ guides you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home